Tuesday, July 7, 2009

'Til My Head Falls Off

Yeah Yeah Yeahs
"Heads Will Roll" single
Released: June 29th, 2009






There I was in Hastings one day when I heard this incredible song pulsating from their speakers. The voice immediately grabbed me... was it Siouxsie Sioux... no, not quite witchy enough... who could this be? I found myself bobbing my head, strutting from aisle to aisle with the throbbing punk meets dance beat. Then the Hasting's guy reminded me... it's the Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Of course, how could I confuse Karen O.'s distinctive voice? "Heads Will Roll" is perhaps the groups strongest single of their nearly decade career. The teasing synth introduction with Karen O.'s demanding call for decapitation sell the song immediately. From there are calls to "dance, dance, dance 'till your dead!." Just don't be surprised if your head really does fall off in the process.

Watch music video
(Be sure to watch the incredible "Thriller"-esque video!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment